The Pegasos Pony – our pegasious urban air vehicle
This model is our second simplest vehicle and as such it is of course capable of travelling both on land and in the air, however it focuses on travelling in the air and therefore our Model P is only capable of travelling on land rather slow and over short distances, e.g. in/out of a parking lot or an energy station.
So, in our words, this vehicle is a This term denotes the characteristic of having the combined capability of travelling on land and in the air. The ... More urban air vehicle and the main purpose of this model is fast and reliable transport of persons through the air, typically within a bigger city or from a nearby airport to the city center.
Our Model P is therefore able to serve as an addition to taxis and other means of urban transport, as well as an alternative to other forms of urban air vehicles which are not capable of travelling on land and which are therefore relatively unflexible in their handling on land.
In land mode all propeller protection frames with integrated electrically driven propellers are folded down by an integrated pivotal mechanism.
The wheels are pulled out and they are driven by electrical hub motors. Change of direction is controlled by an appropriate steering mechanism.
In this state the vehicle’s width is smaller than an usual street width and hence our Model P is compatible with normal land vehicle infrastructure.
In transition mode (land <-> air) all protective propeller frames with integrated electrically driven propellers are folded up by an integrated pivotal mechanism.
The wheels are still pulled out.
In this state the vehicle’s width is still smaller than an usual street width and hence our Model P is also compatible with normal land vehicle infrastructure in this mode, i.e. take-off and/or landing in principle is possible almost everywhere.
In the air – vertical travelling
In vertical flight all protective propeller frames with integrated electrically driven propellers are still in the same state as in transition mode (see previous section).
The wheels are now retracted and occupy the space which was occupied by the propeller protection frames on both vehicle sides during land mode.
The relatively heavy power source is located in the bottom of the vehicle and together with the folded up propellers this results in a center of gravity of the vehicle which clearly lays below the propeller plane, i.e. this results in a stable flight configuration.
In the air – horizontal travelling
For horizontal flight in main direction (forward/backward) all propeller protection frames with integrated electrically driven propellers however can additionally be turned into an optimized position (like given in the picture) by respective mechanisms.
Everything else from the previous section (retracted wheels, operation via Joystick/Touchpad as well as center of gravity with resulting flight stability) also applies for this flight direction.
Transition between operation modes
- Automatic: in less than 1 minute
- Internal combustion engine with standard gasoline for land vehicles
- Direct controlled by same controls (joysticks/touchpads) in all operation modes
- Redundant propellers
- Redundant power supply
- Stable flight by design
- Max. payload: ~200 kg
- Max. speed: ~50 km/h
- Max. operation range: ~700 km
- Max. speed: ~100 km/h
- Max. time in the air: ~90 minutes
- Weight: ~600 kg
- Fuell capacity: ~100 l
- Max. power: ~60 kW
- Max. length/width/height: ~3,1 m / ~1,3 m / ~1,8 m
- Max. power: ~360 kW
- Max. length/width/height: ~4,1 m / ~2,9 m / ~1,6 m
With it’s specific characteristics and abilities our Model P has many potential applications. A few of them are listed below.
For Individuals Fast direct connection (from airport to city center, city penthouse to shoppig mall, …), fleeing of fire in skyscrapers, paparazzi, …
For Companies / Institutions
- Transport / Logistics: taxi, …
- Construction / Assembly: inspection & service (building sites, skiing lifts, roller coaster, giant ferries wheels, ships, oil platforms, …), …
- Media / Events: in front of the camera, …
- Expeditions / Explorations: volcanos, glaciers, pollution (rivers, lakes, oceans, …), …
- Others: emergency rescue (skyscrapers, ships, oil platforms, …), monitoring (big farms, reservates, …), …
For Authorities / Emergency Services
- Police: effective surveilance/monitoring (big events, special missions, …), …
- Border Patrol / Coast Guard / Customs: effective surveilance/monitoring (border, ship loads, …), …
For Military exploring, monitoring, surveilance, …